Maitland Regional Museum
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- Your contact details date of birth, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number and postcode;
- Details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- Information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site,
Additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- To contact and communicate with you;
- For internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- To comply with the laws of Australia Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- Our employees that are employed under confidently
- And appointed Maitland Regional Museum Membership officer
- A Maitland Regional Museum Board member.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Maitland Regional Museum INC 1301376 / ABN 57 595 573 328
Address: BROUGH HOUSE, 73 Church St., Maitland Phone:
Web Site: http://www.mrm.org.au
Last update: 23/08/2019